What is turmeric?
Turmeric is the root of a plant known as Curcuma Longa. Most commonly used in South Asian countries, turmeric is harvested from its root, cleaned, cured, and then dried.
Once properly dried, it’s often sold as a powder. In skincare products, turmeric extract is included as an active ingredient with countless antioxidant benefits.
What are the benefits of turmeric extract?
Turmeric extract can be exceptionally beneficial for your skin. When included in skincare products, turmeric extract can have any of the following perks:
- UV damage protection: It’s a natural antioxidant that protects your skin from prolonged sun damage.
- Acne breakout resolution: As an antibacterial and antiseptic agent, turmeric extract clears out your skin after an unwanted and noxious acne breakout.
- Collagen production: The more collagen your skin produces, the less you’ll notice signs of redness and inflammation.
- Skin radiance: Turmeric extract detoxifies your skin, leaving behind a natural and healthy glow.
- Dark circle management: Turmeric extract increases circulation in areas of your skin that are darker than you’d like.
- Stretch mark management: Thanks to its antioxidative properties, turmeric extract can improve the function of your skin cell membranes.
Though not exhaustive, this list shows just how much your skincare products can accomplish if they’re made with turmeric extract.
Is turmeric extract a natural sunscreen?
Because of its expansive properties as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient, turmeric extract has quickly become an ingredient of choice in the development of natural sunscreens.
Whether you choose a sunscreen made with turmeric extract or if you add a pinch of turmeric in coconut oil, it can protect your skin from the long-term effects of sun exposure.
Ghost Democracy products offer you all of the above benefits, as well as the reassurance that whatever ingredients turmeric extract is combined with will put your conscience at ease: natural and clean skincare products for long-lasting results.