Ingredient Spotlight: Bakuchiol.
Thanks to its waterless formula, this first-of-its-kind clear vitamin C serum is light stable, allowing it to stay effective longer. The plant-derived retinol alternative is having a major moment.
The Ingredient 101
- It's pronounced "ba-koo-chee-all."
- It's an antioxidant extracted from the seeds of the babchi plant (Psoralea corylifolia), native to India.
- According to the American Academy of Dermatology, bakuchiol works to stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis in a manner similar to retinol.
- Unlike retinol, which often contains animal by-products including liver, fish or egg yolk, bakuchiol is 100 percent vegan.
- Whie it works just like retinol this plant-derived version is so gentle, it's safe for sensitive skin types and can even be worn while in the sun.
Enjoy the full spread below: